Nocturne of the Bare Roads

I walked bare roads on my heart all by myself
Passing empty shop windows of desire
And treetops sitting on their knees
Oh I walked bare roads of sound all by myself.

I engraved the bare roads I tramped on
I paved them with words no one ever spoke aloud
Their hearts sunk into the distance of return
And made them finish their drag.

I asked them for a bottle of their wine
But due to their regret I kept on waiting
So I served myself a single glass
And they said: “you finally understood.”

A perfume eternal – let the perfume glow
Out of the mouths that never speak
While we count the flowers in my hands
And regret we haven’t drunk out of an oases.

One day I will get stuck in these roads myself
Like I can get stuck in love or desire
Anonymous laughter will surround me
On a canvas wall of blasé flesh.

Comments

Popular Posts