The Whispered Absence

You are the end of a decade
The end of my life as before
Replacing the laughter with silence
You are so close when you depart
Your sweet dying voice fading away
Now the soul’s snow is frozen

I whisper your name
I whisper your absence
Now it rains in your confusion
And the wind blows at the moon
The irises are submerged
In visibility
While you wear your rose

I remember who I was back then
Back then when I whispered:
I want to see you pass
I want to know your name

You are asleep
You will never hear
My dark voice of wounds
Oh sleep on, sleep on
I was expecting your body and voice
In a garden full of violins
But you sent me a desert

I return to the bridge where I stood
As the gypsy boy
And when my heart capsizes
The mixed water will be listening
You won’t be able
To conquer my mystery

My farewell sounds like
A Granadian minstrel
Singing earthless songs
But the last clouds will be the same
As the first: something new out of a ruin

Comments

Popular Posts