The Strangers Inside Me

Today I will throw off my mask of unknown origin
That I wore to hide the strangers inside me
But the strangers are our angels in disguise
Sent to keep the flame in hearts burning

Today I will throw off my anonymous mask
To reveal my scratched face
Worn by the torture of an empty identity
That went everywhere but travelled nowhere

Once again I have burnt my ships behind my back
To breathe, to live, to close the uneven chapters
To sing a song of freedom to my soul
To discover the hidden nameless countries

A string of confessions will wake me up
Not muted by the feathers of my wings
But amplified by the chain of golden hair
I wear to catch a glimpse of this eternal sound

The mask will become my forgotten past
Where each detail was indifferent
To the direction of the wind and its met daughters
But now I live for the coming wind

And I need to touch and turn every stone
To absore the patterns within its current
Manifested by the night with the open eyes
That I will walk towards with my dreamed vision

- Sam Endavour

Comments

Popular Posts