The Lost Vowels

I came to conquer the heights of depth
To recline my bones with bare presence
To multiply and fragment my past
I came to depict my ignition

I take a walk through whole gardens planted
With automatic kaleidoscope paintings
The lone survivors of our dreams
Who are the landscapes of our dreams theirselves

I drink perfume masked by paper hats
To submerge in myths and imagery
I drink perfume masked by abridged loss
To drown in ancient gypsy songs

I carry the lost vowels, once part
Of nacreous descending horizons,
We lost at our masked ball of confusion
In the eyes of our shattered fever dreams

I came to knock on every door
And leave every door untouched
Besides the fire marks my outsiderness
Left in the unspoken sea of nearness

Do I long for the landscapes of before?
For the cities blown away by their spinelessness?
No, I long for the ancient rivers
Singing gypsy hymns that carried me to their world

I can no longer breathe the vapour of my youth
I outlived too many feverdreams on my own
In quietness I will sink in an abyss of desire
And guide my old restraint to its exile

Comments

Popular Posts